Sunday, June 21, 2009

Greetings, and a hint at things to come

Hello, and welcome to Acoustical Resonance! I am Tom, an electrical engineering student with interests in electronics, computers, writing, and fun in general. It's a pleasure to "meet" you!

This summer I have several projects lined up, all designed to sharpen my skills in electronics and to look generally awesome when finished. Here is where I will document their progress and explain their inner workings for those who are interested.

Here's what's coming in the near future
Nixie tube clock - A digital clock using neat old-school vacuum tubes to display
Talking Mr. Saturn - A character from the Super Nintendo video game Earthbound. This one will be a fuzzy plushie figurine complete with a voicebox.
Tesla Coil - A discussion of these impressive high voltage air-core transformers. This will be built with the High Voltage Electronics Club at the Ohio State University this autumn.
Computer Things - I've done a lot of programming in the past, and have some interesting projects to work on at the moment. I'll be sharing past and present work of computer land.

With that said, I humbly dedicate this page to the blogsphere. Please don't be too hard on it, cruel world!

Thanks for reading! I look forward to sharing my adventures with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment